An Architecture Firm Built on Trust
CARMI Design Group’s mission remains unchanged after 30 years, to develop the client’s vision through strong partnerships and precise architecture.
Established in 1990, we have successfully designed and managed over $150 million of construction in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan. CARMI Design Group is a team of individuals with diverse talents, experience, and backgrounds. We are dedicated to developing quality designs through a process of strong partnerships that serve the owner’s needs.
Owner and Architect
Interior Designer & Office Manager
Communication and collaboration are vital parts of any successful architectural design project. We strive to establish a mutually beneficial reciprocal exchange of knowledge and resources.
We offer the ultimate partnership by promising you CARMI ownership in your project. The involvement from you and us is vital to the positive outcome of your finished building. We continue to believe “owners doing business with owners” is simply the best formula for a successful project.
We recognize that you are an expert on the challenges, requirements, and desired aesthetics of each space. As a partner of the design team, you provide invaluable information that helps your project become a success.
Success is built upon:
- Developing partnerships that provide an environment of mutual trust
- CARMI’s founder remaining personally involved in every project
- Maintaining strong partnerships beyond the completion of architectural services
- Investing our integrity into every aspect of our professional services
- Utilizing partnerships to save you time, effort and money
We owe our success to our clients, affiliates, consultants, contractors, and building officials. Every individual that we have the opportunity to work with, or work for, is a valuable resource. We believe that strong relationships and exceptional service leads to lasting partnerships and encourages repeat business.
Architectural Design Awards
- 1992 Center City Award for the Environmental Health Labs Addition (South Bend, IN)
- Michiana Area Construction Industry Advancement Fund, 2002 Design-Build Award for the South Bend Medical Foundation Expansion (South Bend, IN)
- Michiana Area Construction Industry Advancement Fund, 2006 Masonry Educational Award for Berrien Springs Public Schools, Alternative Education Addition (Berrien Springs, MI)
- Michiana Area Construction Industry Advancement Fund, 2022 Excellence in Construction Award for the Cleveland Township Fire Station (Elkhart, IN)